Jenny recommends 20 classics, in each of four age groups, to get you started. Each month, her complimentary email newsletter recommends a brand new book in each age group so you can continue to expand your selections.
With more than 9,000 children's books published each year, it's hard to judge the best. Twenty by Jenny will recommend the top picks for you.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2013 National Book Award in the Young People's Literature category!
The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata (Atheneum Books for Young Readers)
And also to the finalists:
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp by Kathi Appelt (Atheneum Books for Young Readers)
Far Far Away by Tom McNeal (Knopf)
Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff (Putnam)
Boxers & Saints by Gene Luen Yang (First Second/Macmillan)
For the complete list of winner and honor books in all categories, click here.
Have you seen our author interviews?
2) Katherine Paterson and her longtime editor, Virginia Buckley, discuss Bridge to Terabithia.
3) Katherine Paterson and Virginia Buckley discuss The Day of the Pelican.
4) Kate DiCamillo takes us inside her writing process.
5) Kate DiCamillo discusses The Magician's Elephant.
6) Sharon Creech and her editor, Joanna Cotler, discuss her process on Love that Dog.
7) Sharon Creech and Joanna Cotler discuss The Unfinished Angel.