Jenny recommends 20 classics, in each of four age groups, to get you started. Each month, her complimentary email newsletter recommends a brand new book in each age group so you can continue to expand your selections.
With more than 9,000 children's books published each year, it's hard to judge the best. Twenty by Jenny will recommend the top picks for you.
The Bank Street Children's Book Committee has announced its 2014 Best Books of the Year List (books published in 2013). Happy Reading!
- - - - -
On May 3, Andrea Davis Pinkney, award-winning children's book author and editor of award-winning children's books, delivered the 2014 May Hill Arbuthnot lecture at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
She took us on a journey, which you may read about here and watch it here.
Have you seen our author interviews?
2) Katherine Paterson and her longtime editor, Virginia Buckley, discuss Bridge to Terabithia.
3) Katherine Paterson and Virginia Buckley discuss The Day of the Pelican.
4) Kate DiCamillo takes us inside her writing process.
5) Kate DiCamillo discusses The Magician's Elephant.
6) Sharon Creech and her editor, Joanna Cotler, discuss her process on Love that Dog.
7) Sharon Creech and Joanna Cotler discuss The Unfinished Angel.